Washington, DC — Tomorrow, Rep. Lucy McBath (D-GA) will be joined by Reps. Mike Thompson (D-CA), Sheila Jackson Lee (D-TX), Debbie Dingell (D-MI), Robin Kelly (D-IL), and Troy Carter (D-LA) as they speak to the danger the 5th Circuit ruling poses by allowing domestic abusers to purchase guns, putting women, children, and countless survivors at risk. The members will be joined by advocates and activists from gun violence and domestic violence prevention groups.
Wednesday, February 8th
2pm - House Triangle
Attendees will speak to the 5th Circuit ruling and what that means for survivors and advocates now that abusers can legally own and purchase guns
- Rep. Lucy McBath (D-GA)
- Rep. Mike Thompson (D-CA)
- Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-TX)
- Rep. Debbie Dingell (D-MI)
- Rep. Robin Kelly (D-IL)
- Rep. Troy Carter (D-LA)
- NNEDV President & CEO Deborah J. Vagins
- Everytown for Gun Safety’s Senior Vice President of Movement Building Angela Ferrell-Zabala
- Brady Counsel Shira Feldman
- Giffords’ Deputy Chief Counsel David Pucino
Any questions regarding today’s actions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.